By ticking the registration form’s terms and conditions box on Saint Catherine’s website I agree to abide by the following terms and conditions of participation when I take part in any of Saint Catherine’s event.
- I will confirm I will raise sponsorship for the Hospice before the Event and will collect in all sponsorship funds promptly after the Event to ensure that 100% of funds raised are delivered to the Hospice within 30 days of the Event.
- I permit the Hospice to capture photographic, video and other images of me during the Event and permit the Hospice to use and reproduce such images in whole or in part for use in any promotional, publicity, media or fundraising materials promoting the work of the Hospice.
- I permit the Hospice to use my personal data for the purpose of the Event and the provision of information to me about the Hospice and its activities.
- I have considered the requirements of the Event, potential weather and the conditions that may arise and am satisfied that I have the appropriate level of fitness and ability to take part. I will declare any medical or health requirements to the Hospice when registering for the Event.
- If I require reasonable assistance from the Hospice to participate in the Event, I will notify the Hospice at least thirty days in advance of the Event.
- I will ensure that I am wearing suitable and appropriate footwear and clothing for the Event.
- I will take all reasonable steps to act responsibly, to ensure my own safety and comfort, to protect my vehicle and all of my belongings and to not bring the Hospice and its reputation into disrepute.
- I will not be under the influence of alcohol at any time whilst taking part in the Event.
- I will not bring any pets with me to the Event but understand that guide dogs are permitted.
- If I am unable to complete the Event for any reason I will inform the Hospice immediately in order that it can provide such assistance as it considers appropriate.
- I understand that once my place has been confirmed, it is not transferable to another individual.
- I am 18 or over. If the Hospice confirms that I may bring anyone to the Event who is under 18 years of age, I will accompany them at all times and ensure that they abide by these terms and conditions.
- I understand and accept that the Hospice will ensure that the Event is organised and managed in accordance with its duty of care, and that
- the Hospice accepts responsibility for death or personal injury caused by its negligence and any other loss or damage for which it is legally prohibited from excluding or restricting by law;
- other than as set out in 14(a) the Hospice does not accept responsibility for my health and safety whilst taking part in the Event or for any loss or damage to property or any third parties’ property or persons howsoever caused
- the Hospice does not accept responsibility for any loss or injury (including without limitation loss of personal property, illness, death or personal injury) which is suffered by me or those in my care and which is caused by a third party which is unconnected to the Hospice.
- It is recommended that I consider taking personal insurance to cover my participation in the Event that is of a level appropriate to my circumstances, if deemed necessary
- I accept that the Hospice has the right to terminate my participation in the Event at any time if it believes that my conduct is or will be detrimental to me, the Event or other participants.
Dip and donate safety advice
Health and safety advice
The Saint Catherine’s Dip and Donate challenge is entirely at your own risk, so please assess your ability and safety before you participate. Saint Catherine’s shall not be liable for any injury, damage or loss to you or your property that might occur as a result of your participation.
If you have underlying health conditions (i.e. heart disease, asthma, lung conditions) or any other medical conditions that might be affected by exposure to cold water, or if you are pregnant, then please seek appropriate medical advice before proceeding.
Preparing for your challenge
- Don’t go it alone – please enjoy your challenge with others.
- Be aware of your location and take your mobile phone.
- Ensure you can enter and exit the water safely.
- Do not take part in the challenge under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Under 18s must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Plan your dip in daylight hours and avoid dipping in the dark.
During your challenge
- Please dip for eight seconds to complete your challenge – and don’t stay in for any longer than 30 seconds.
- Wear brightly coloured clothes or swimsuit. Wearing a woolly hat can help you retain body heat.
- Cover any open wounds before entering the water.
- Always enter the water slowly and avoid jumping in as this could cause cold water shock.
- Only go into water as far as you can stand. Don’t put yourself in unnecessary danger by going into deep water.
- Seek help immediately if you feel very cold, woozy, nauseous, disorientated, dizzy or faint.
After your challenge
- Warm up gradually after getting out of the water, dry yourself off and put on warm, dry layers.
- Avoid standing around, have a warm drink and move to a warm location.
Key points to remember:
- Be aware of cold water shock https://rnli.org/safety/know-the-risks/cold-water-shock
- Float to Live https://rnli.org/safety/float
- Don’t go alone
- Know how to call for help and who to call – always call 999 in an emergency
- Walk in – don’t jump in.
There are many online sources which provide advice on entering open water. Please find a number of trusted sources below. You must take responsibility for your own safety and ensure that comply with all guidance when dipping in open water. Your safety is the number one priority, so if you have any concerns, please do not enter the water
You have 7 calendar days to return an item from the date you received it.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it.
Your item must be in the original packaging.
Your item needs to have the receipt or proof of purchase.
Once we receive your item, we will inspect it and notify you that we have received your returned item.
We will immediately notify you on the status of your refund after inspecting the item.
If your return is approved, we will initiate a refund to your credit card (or original method of payment).
You will receive the credit within a certain amount of days, depending on your card issuers policies.
1. These Terms and Conditions are the Lottery Rules. By entering the Lottery, entrants agree to be bound by these rules.
2. This Lottery is being promoted by and on behalf of Saint Catherine’s Hospice Trust. Saint Catherine’s Hospice Trust is a registered charity No 284701.
3. For the purpose of the Gambling Act 2005, this lottery is defined as a ‘Society lottery’.
4. This lottery is licensed by The Gambling Commission.
5. The Lottery is open to all mainland Great Britain residents aged 18 or over (this excludes Northern Ireland, Isle of Man, Channel Islands and BFPO addresses and is due to The Gambling Act 2005). Any person found to be under 18 years of age automatically forfeits the right to any prize.
6. There will be 16 weekly cash prizes, although additional prizes could be offered from time to time.
7. All tickets shall be priced at £2.
8. All lottery entry sales are final and no refunds shall be made at any time. All entrants acknowledge that their payment of £2 per ticket to enter the lottery does not guarantee that they will win any prize.
9. The draw for prizes will be made at our lottery management company’s premises to be held on Friday of each week. You do not need to be present at the draw to win the lottery.
10. If a cash prize is awarded, this will be made by cheque in the name of the account only.
11. The Directors of Saint Catherine’s Hospice Lottery Ltd reserve the right, in exceptional and unforeseen circumstances, to substitute any non-cash prize acquired for the lottery for a similar prize of similar value, at their absolute discretion.
12. Full payment for each ticket must be received either in the form of cash or cleared funds before the ticket can be entered into the draw. Only tickets for which full payment has been received either in the form of cash or cleared funds are eligible to win a prize.
13. The winners of the lottery prizes will be notified by letter.
14. All entrants are solely responsible for providing Saint Catherine’s Hospice Lottery Ltd with their accurate and up-to-date contact details, and Saint Catherine’s Hospice Lottery Ltd will in no way be liable for any failure or inability to contact any entrant due to any errors, omissions, or inaccuracies in the contact details that the entrant has provided. In the event that an entrant changes their contact details, they will be
solely responsible for advising Saint Catherine’s Hospice Lottery Ltd of the change.
15. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to take part in promotional activity and Saint Catherine’s Hospice Lottery Ltd reserves the right, at the discretion of the Lottery Manager, to use the name and address of the winner, their photograph and audio / visual recordings of them in any publicity unless prior notification has been received.
16. Each game number is unique. A randomly selected game number will be issued with the confirmation of entry. Any member may at any time subsequently request an alternative game number if they wish, and this will be issued providing that it has not already been allocated to an existing member.
17. Lottery membership can be cancelled at any time by notifying Saint Catherine’s Hospice Lottery Ltd in writing, by telephone or email.
18. Saint Catherine’s Hospice Lottery Ltd shall not be liable for any loss or damage suffered through or arising from:
· Any delays or failures in the postal service or other delivery methods used from time to time by Saint Catherine’s Hospice Lottery Ltd or the member.
· Any delays or failures in any software or other systems used by Saint Catherine’s Hospice Lottery Ltd or their agents for the administration of the lottery.
· Any delays or failures in the Banking system used by Saint Catherine’s Hospice Lottery Ltd or the member.
· Any refusal by Saint Catherine’s Hospice Lottery Ltd to accept registration of an individual as a member or the cancellation of a member.
· Any failure to enter a chance into the draw.
· Any event beyond the reasonable control of Saint Catherine’s Hospice Lottery Ltd.
19. Nothing within these terms and conditions shall create or should be construed as creating any form of contract between the entrant and Saint Catherine’s Hospice Lottery Ltd.
20. All complaints should be sent in writing to The Lottery Manager, giving full details of the complaint together with any supporting information
21. Saint Catherine’s Hospice Lottery Ltd is committed to protecting the privacy of its members. Data that is collected from the member is used lawfully (in accordance with DPA 2018 and the GDPR) and is used solely for the purpose of processing Lottery chances, subsequent entry into the lottery draw, informing winners that they have won a prize.
22. Any member has the right to access information held about them. To obtain this information please contact the Lottery Manager in writing.
23. Saint Catherine’s Hospice Ltd will not sell, rent or grant access of any personal data to any third party other than the lottery processing company. In all other instances we will seek your express permission, unless a legal exemption applies.
24. In the event of any dispute regarding the rules, the decision of the Lottery Manager shall be final and no further correspondence or discussion will be entered into. In the event of deadlock that a dispute cannot be resolved then it can be referred to Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR). As a member of the Hospice Lotteries Association this will be The Independent Betting Adjudication Service (IBAS), contact details are 020 7347 5883.
25. Saint Catherine’s Hospice Lottery Ltd reserves the right to amend these rules at any time. If Saint Catherine’s Hospice Lottery Ltd does this, it will publish the amended rules.
26. Saint Catherine’s Hospice Lottery Ltd reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe that the entrant in is breach of any of these rules.
27. The Saint Catherine’s Hospice Lottery Ltd member of staff responsible for the promotion of the Lottery on behalf of Saint Catherine’s Hospice Trust is the Lottery Manager.
28. This lottery is a form of gambling. Participants are encouraged to gamble sensibly.
29. A copy of these rules may be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to Saint Catherine’s Hospice Lottery Ltd, Throxenby Lane, Scarborough, YO12 5RE.
30. The laws of England and Wales shall govern the interpretation and / or enforcement of these Terms and Conditions, and Saint Catherine’s Hospice Lottery Ltd and all entrants hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
How much does the lottery raise?
You can feel good in the knowledge that 39%* of every entry goes directly towards providing patient care, 39% * is used for prizes, and the remaining 22%* is used to fund staff costs, administration, licences and marketing.
Average number of entries in the weekly draw is 2918*
*These figures are based on income and expenditure: April 2022 to April 2023 during which time there were 52 weekly draws and 2 raffle draws.
We are aware that members, for personal reasons, may wish to exclude themselves from playing in the Saint Catherine’s Hospice Lottery Ltd. Requests for self-exclusion should be placed in writing to the Lottery Office. Such exclusions will be held on record for a minimum of six months and re-entry into the draw will be at the discretion of the Lottery Officer.
Saint Catherine’s is committed to encouraging legal and responsible gambling. If you or a family member needs support, we would recommend that they visit www.begambleaware.org or call (0808 8020 133).
Members have the option of advising us at any time that they wish to be self-excluded from further raffle or lottery participation. This will be noted on our database record to ensure no further raffle or lottery participation can be initiated for a minimum period of six months. Their database record will also be amended to ‘no mailing’ to ensure no literature potentially promoting the raffle or lottery is sent to the individual.
As a member of the Hospice Lotteries Association, Saint Catherine’s contributes to the Responsible Gambling Trust to promote awareness and support for people with compulsive gambling issues.
Claim Your Prize Online
All supporters wishing to make a claim on a winning shop ticket will need to apply online using the Online Claim Form (www. Address of page or Link) https://stcatherineshospice.charitypayments.co.uk/prize-claim/
All claims will require approval by the society, once verified and approved, a winner’s cheque will be sent to the address provided on the claim form in the name of the supporter. If you don’t provide all the compulsory information, we may not be able to process your claim or there may be a delay.
Prizes must be claimed within six months of the winning draw date. All unclaimed prize money is donated directly back to the charity.
Playing the lottery through our shops
One-off play tickets are available through our shops, simply visit your local shop and purchase a ticket.
You can buy your ticket via cash or debit card. Please note, in line with the Gambling Commission Regulations credit cards cannot be used for payment and will be refused.
One-off play tickets purchased after Wednesday 12.00pm will be entered in the Draw the following Friday.
The Lottery is open to all mainland Great Britain residents aged 18 or over (this excludes Northern Ireland, Isle of Man, Channel Islands and BFPO addresses and is due to The Gambling Act 2005). Any person found to be under 18 years of age automatically forfeits the right to any prize.
Registration and Licensing Details
Saint Catherine’s Lottery Ltd, Throxenby Lane, Scarborough, North Yorkshire, YO12 5RE. Licensed by the Gambling Commission under the Gambling Act 2005.
Saint Catherine’s Hospice Lottery Limited
Account number – 5218
Current licence details
Ancillary Remote (005218-A-313779-005)
Lottery hotline: 01723 378406
By playing our lottery, you the lottery member agrees to Saint Catherine’s lottery terms and conditions. Full details can be found here
Summer Raffle 2023 Terms and Conditions
Participation in Saint Catherine’s Summer Raffle 2023 costs £1 per ticket.
All profits from this raffle will be donated towards patient care at Saint Catherine’s Hospice. Saint Catherine’s Hospice is a registered charity in England and Wales No. 284701.
The raffle is open to all mainland Great Britain residents over the age of 18 (this excludes Northern Ireland, Isle of Man, Channel Islands and BFPO addresses and is due to The Gambling Act 2005). Any person found to be under 18 years of age automatically forfeits the right to any prize.
Raffle entries can be purchased using cash, personal cheque and the following debit cards: Visa, Master Card and Visa Delta. We unable to accept credit card payments for raffle tickets due to gambling legislation.
CAF cards or vouchers may not be used to purchase raffle entries.
Raffle ticket stubs and payment must be received before midday on Wednesday the 14th September 2022. Any entries and monies received after this date will be treated as a donation.
The draw will take place on Thursday the 24th August 2023.
Winning entries will be randomly drawn in the presence of two witnesses.
Prizes are as follows:
1st prize: £2500
2nd Prize £250
3rd Prize 5 x £50
The winners will be notified by phone if a number has been provided.
The winning numbers will be posted on our website: www.saintcatherines.org.uk
To request a winning number list by post, please send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to “2023 Summer Raffle Winner List”, Saint Catherine’s Hospice, Throxenby Lane, Scarborough, North Yorkshire, YO12 5RE.
The charity is committed to protecting the privacy of participants. Personal information that is collected from participants is used lawfully in accordance with the DPR 2018.
Winners will be asked to take part in reasonable post event publicity.
Saint Catherine’s Lottery Ltd is licensed by the Gambling Commission under the Gambling Act 2005 www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk. Contact: Lottery, Saint Catherine’s Hospice, Throxenby Lane, Scarborough, North Yorkshire, YO12 5RE. Tel 01723 378406 Licence no.005218, Registered No: 1627610, Charity Registration 284701