Saint Catherine’s provides care to over 3,000 individuals annually, each with access to a wide range of services, all of which are provided to patients free of charge.
Volunteers are vital to the success of Saint Catherine’s. They support delivery of almost all services offered by the Hospice, from the Board of Trustees that provide our governing body, to a wide range of roles across Clinical Support, Income Generation and Operational Support.
At Saint Catherine's we understand that today’s volunteer wants flexibility so that they can fit their time volunteering around other commitments – such as work, caring for parents, children and grandchildren, and leisure time. Some volunteers may be experiencing a longer period of retirement and have valuable skills to offer the voluntary sector, whilst others face the reverse - working longer or going back into work after retirement. For others, volunteering can be an important “stop-gap” between full time employment, as well as an opportunity to gain new skills.
We have volunteer opportunities in many areas of the hospice and we regular advertise these positions on our website. You can see our current volunteering vacancies by scrolling down, or you can register your interest for any future roles you’d be interested in by filling in the contact form below.
Contact Volunteer Services
Volunteer Stock Donations Assistant
The purpose of the role is to:
- Support the retail team with receiving and sorting donations and organising the safe storage of stock.
We will require you to:
- Receive and sort donated goods
- Safely move and handle donated items
- Organise the safe storage of stock, ensuring care is taken to minimise damage
- Identify items that may be suitable for alternative recycling revenue streams
- Identify items that are of current trend/brand and able to spot a ‘real find’