Lottery Terms and Conditions
Saint Catherine’s Hospice Lottery Ltd
Throxenby Lane, Scarborough, YO12 5RE
Full Terms and Conditions.
- These Terms and Conditions are the Lottery Rules. By entering the Lottery, entrants agree to be bound by these rules.
- This Lottery is being promoted by and on behalf of Saint Catherine’s Hospice Trust. Saint Catherine’s Hospice Trust is a registered charity No 284701.
- For the purpose of the Gambling Act 2005, this lottery is defined as a ‘Society lottery’.
- This lottery is licensed by The Gambling Commission.
- To enter the lottery you must be a UK resident aged 16 (sixteen) or over.
- There will be 16 weekly cash prizes, although additional prizes could be offered from time to time.
- All tickets shall be priced at £2.
- All lottery entry sales are final and no refunds shall be made at any time. All entrants acknowledge that their payment of £2 per ticket to enter the lottery does not guarantee that they will win any prize.
- The draw for prizes will be made at our lottery management company’s premises to be held on Friday of each week. You do not need to be present at the draw to win the lottery.
- If a cash prize is awarded, this will be made by cheque in the name of the account only.
- The Directors of Saint Catherine’s Hospice Lottery Ltd reserve the right, in exceptional and unforeseen circumstances, to substitute any non-cash prize acquired for the lottery for a similar prize of similar value, at their absolute discretion.
- Full payment for each ticket must be received either in the form of cash or cleared funds before the ticket can be entered into the draw. Only tickets for which full payment has been received either in the form of cash or cleared funds are eligible to win a prize.
- The winners of the lottery prizes will be notified by letter.
- All entrants are solely responsible for providing Saint Catherine’s Hospice Lottery Ltd with their accurate and up-to-date contact details, and Saint Catherine’s Hospice Lottery Ltd will in no way be liable for any failure or inability to contact any entrant due to any errors, omissions, or inaccuracies in the contact details that the entrant has provided. In the event that an entrant changes their contact details, they will be solely responsible for advising Saint Catherine’s Hospice Lottery Ltd of the change.
- By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to take part in promotional activity and Saint Catherine’s Hospice Lottery Ltd reserves the right, at the discretion of the Lottery Manager, to use the name and address of the winner, their photograph and audio / visual recordings of them in any publicity unless prior notification has been received.
- Each game number is unique. A randomly selected game number will be issued with the confirmation of entry. Any member may at any time subsequently request an alternative game number if they wish, and this will be issued providing that it has not already been allocated to an existing member.
- Lottery membership can be cancelled at any time by notifying Saint Catherine’s Hospice Lottery Ltd in writing, by telephone or email.
- Saint Catherine’s Hospice Lottery Ltd shall not be liable for any loss or damage suffered through or arising from:
- Any delays or failures in the postal service or other delivery methods used from time to time by Saint Catherine’s Hospice Lottery Ltd or the member.
- Any delays or failures in any software or other systems used by Saint Catherine’s Hospice Lottery Ltd or their agents for the administration of the lottery.
- Any delays or failures in the Banking system used by Saint Catherine’s Hospice Lottery Ltd or the member.
- Any refusal by Saint Catherine’s Hospice Lottery Ltd to accept registration of an individual as a member or the cancellation of a member.
- Any failure to enter a chance into the draw.
- Any event beyond the reasonable control of Saint Catherine’s Hospice Lottery Ltd.
- Nothing within these terms and conditions shall create or should be construed as creating any form of contract between the entrant and Saint Catherine’s Hospice Lottery Ltd.
- All complaints should be sent in writing to The Lottery Manager, giving full details of the complaint together with any supporting information
- Saint Catherine’s Hospice Lottery Ltd is committed to protecting the privacy of its members. Data that is collected from the member is used lawfully (in accordance with DPA 2018 and the GDPR) and is used solely for the purpose of processing Lottery chances, subsequent entry into the lottery draw, informing winners that they have won a prize.
- Any member has the right to access information held about them. To obtain this information please contact the Lottery Manager in writing.
- Saint Catherine’s Hospice Ltd will not sell, rent or grant access of any personal data to any third party other than the lottery processing company. In all other instances we will seek your express permission, unless a legal exemption applies.
- In the event of any dispute regarding the rules, the decision of the Lottery Manager shall be final and no further correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
- Saint Catherine’s Hospice Lottery Ltd reserves the right to amend these rules at any time. If Saint Catherine’s Hospice Lottery Ltd does this, it will publish the amended rules.
- Saint Catherine’s Hospice Lottery Ltd reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe that the entrant in is breach of any of these rules.
- The Saint Catherine’s Hospice Lottery Ltd member of staff responsible for the promotion of the Lottery on behalf of Saint Catherine’s Hospice Trust is the Lottery Manager.
- This lottery is a form of gambling. Participants are encouraged to gamble sensibly.
- A copy of these rules may be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to Saint Catherine’s Hospice Lottery Ltd, Throxenby Lane, Scarborough, YO12 5RE.
- The laws of England and Wales shall govern the interpretation and / or enforcement of these Terms and Conditions, and Saint Catherine’s Hospice Lottery Ltd and all entrants hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Saint Catherine’s Hospice operates a Society Lottery for the general public in North & East Yorkshire and the surrounding area, for sole purpose of raising funds for the Saint Catherine’s Hospice.
The Society is committed to ensuring that the lottery is operated in a secure, fair and socially responsible way and to endorsing responsible gambling amongst its members. The Gambling Commission regulates gambling in the public interest. The regulatory framework introduced the Gambling Act 2005 and is based on three licensing objectives:
- Preventing gambling from being a source of crime and disorder, being associated with crime and disorder, or being used to support crime.
- Ensuring that gambling is conducted in a fair and open way.
- Protecting children and other vulnerable persons from being harmed or exploited by gambling.
We are aware that members, for personal reasons, may wish to exclude themselves from playing in the Saint Catherine’s Hospice Lottery Ltd. Requests for self-exclusion should be placed in writing to the Lottery Office. Such exclusions will be held on record for a minimum of six months and re-entry into the draw will be at the discretion of the Lottery Officer.
Whether you’d like to ask us a question, need to raise a point or would like to leave us feedback, we’d love to hear from you! You can find our details at the top of every page or by visiting our contact page.